Advanced Afternoon Fall / Winter Skills Training….Players 2006, 2005 and 2004 at AMC
Please Scroll Down to see details
At Albert McCormick Arena in Waterloo. With Eric Calder…Hockey Canada certified Skills Coach…bio: https://www.skillsplushockey.com/about-us/instructors/
- 20 plus years of professional skills coaching
- 12 years of professional hockey playing experience (NHL, AHL and Division I Europe)
There’s a restriction of 12 players and a goalie for the training who play at an Advance Level of ice hockey level. I would like a small training group to optimize the number of reps and individual teaching. Ice times would run twice a week on Tuesday/Wednesday or Wednesday/Thursday (tentatively booked around 1:30pm in the afternoon). The first Phase will be a 5 week package…10 ice times followed by another the second Phase…5 week package of 10 ice-times. The individual cost per player for a Phase will be $450 The training sessions will work and train all the individual skills, tactics and team tactics in today’s game. Every fourth ice times the training session will be solely Power Skating with “In the moment video analysis” (I’ll have my tablet on ice). Video Analysis Info: https://www.skillsplushockey.com/product-category/video-analysis/ I will also have a meeting with each player and parent (s) throughout the program to discuss hockey…I’m always open to helping.
The start date is planned the week of October 11th. If all goes well I will continue the program in the Winter with phase 3 and 4. It’s relative to the interest and the timing of 13 players committing to the program.
If interest please email Eric at [email protected] or call 519 589 4849 with any question and /or to communicate your intent to register.
Things to note:
- The program is licensed with Hockey Canada…opening the doors with our governing body for hockey in Canada
- There will be a second instructor on the ice…it will vary as I would like to integrate some different instructors into the training
- You are being trained by a professional Hockey Canada Certified Skills Coach who has played and been involved in hockey at all levels…Minor Hockey, Junior Hockey, University Hockey, Professional Hockey (NHL and Europe), National Team Hockey. A very diverse knowledge of the game as a coach, skills coach and player.
- High Performance 2 NCCP Trained Coach
- Musician and Yoga Junkie…I live a health life and lead by example. My mom was a Dietitian instilling sound knowledge on nutrition.
- Five successful Canadian Ski Marathons “Coureur Des Bois”…two Gold levels. https://skimarathon.ca/the-event/what-is-csm/
- this program is similar, from a hockey perspective, attending a private school…advantages are you live at home and attend your home school. As well I believe just two extra ice times a week is the optimal for a player who’s a part of a team. And the cost is significantly less!!!
There are very regulated Covid-19 guide lines players will have to follow to participate in the ice training. Upon booking you will receive an email with all the details.
Each player will have to review health-screening-questionaire the day of each ice time and determine if they’re fit to play. If you’re showing symptoms of being ill then you should stay home.